- Open Roles
- Night Security Supervisor
Night Security Supervisor
New York, New York
Position: Night Security Supervisor (2:30 PM-11:00 PM)
Location:New York, NY
Reports to: Director of Security
WHY WORK AT AVENUES
A top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education, that will expand to some of the world’s leading cities in coming years. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. There is no place quite like Avenues.
School Security Specialists at Avenues hold all or most of the following:
- Current New York State security guard license required
- Retired Law Enforcement Officer with at least 10 experience (NYPD preferred)
- Concealed carry and NYS Armed Guard license required
- Fire Life Safety Director certification required (if not held you will need to take and pass the FLSD certification tests and receive your T89 FDNY certificate of fitness)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions, inquiries and/or complaints
- Courtesy, professionalism and respect when dealing with others
- Ability to react well under pressure, handle multiple demands at one time, work with frequent interruptions and perform duties and tasks at expected levels of professionalism, assess situation and determine if school safety or security is in jeopardy
- Sufficient human relation skills to resolve confrontation, affect behavior of others and convey a positive image of the school
- Ability to observe accurately, recalling faces, names, descriptive characteristics and facts of incidents and places.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to administer first aid in emergency situations (training will be provided)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences among individuals and groups of persons
- Working knowledge of current effective security measures; working knowledge of laws and ordinances governing the behavior in private buildings and schools; working knowledge of fire prevention and fire control (training will be provided); working knowledge of crowd control, evacuation and lockdown procedures; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, parents, outside vendors and the general public; ability to keep prepare reports; ability to express ideas clearly, both orally (Spanish and Mandarin speaking applicants preferred) and in writing; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Normal working hours depend on the specific position, which is full-time. Certain days of the year may require the guards to change or modify their hours. All employees are expected to exhibit flexibility with their schedule
Resumes, accompanied by a thoughtful letter of interest outlining how your experience aligns with the challenges of the position and Avenues' mission, may be submitted through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.