Position: IT Service Specialist
Location: Shenzhen, China
The IT Service Specialist is responsible for the implementation and support of technology infrastructure including hardware, software, and office/classroom systems. The IT Systems Support Specialist must effectively diagnose issues and correct problems as well as provide the primary help desk support to end users with exceptional customer service. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of defined technical projects within their assigned expertise.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
In the fall of 2012, Avenues: The World School opened the doors of its first, 15-grade (N-12) independent school in New York City offering students a truly global education. The vision of Avenues is to open schools in the world’s leading cities. Avenues will be a highly-integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared curriculum, professional development of faculty, the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global leadership team.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following ways:
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, VoIP telecommunication equipment, AV equipment and the network.
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot workstations, servers, and other IT equipment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails and tickets regarding and/or hardware, software, VoIP telecommunication equipment, and the network hardware problems.
- Track, prioritize and document requests using an IT support request system.
- Verify with the customer that the issue has been resolved and update the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of hardware, software and systems.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend hardware products for purchase.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform PC, hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- When necessary, work with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Assist with onboarding procedures, equipment, account set-up.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
- Classroom technology maintenance/support
- Apple macOS devices including MacBooks, MacMinis
- Apple iOS devices including iPads
- Apple tvOS devices including AppleTV
- Security cameras and door access systems
- Digital Signage
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Classroom technology includes projectors / camera / document cameras
- Printer maintenance
- VoIP telecommunication equipment
- Systems account management
- Google Apps
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Mac and iOS hardware/software
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- MAC certified preferred
- 3-5 years in similar role
- Previous experience in schools’ IT support. Added advantage in international schools
- Language: Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English, Cantonese an added bonus
- Familiarity and/or willing to learn – VoIP telecommunications
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and ensure the completion of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. This will include maintaining appropriate priorities as needed
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong initiative, and aptitude to make recommendations to management to enhance current environment as needed
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.