Position: Admissions Operations Specialist
Location: Avenues Shenzhen, Shenzhen, China
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley. Think of Avenues: The World School as one independent school with many campuses around the globe that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and has graduated 4 classes of students to highly respected universities and colleges in the United States and around the world. Avenues São Paulo and the state of the art Avenues Shenzhen Learning Innovation Center opened in 2018, and the Avenues Shenzhen Kindergarten campus opened in 2019 for grades toddler - kindergarten. Our primary grades program in Shenzhen is anticipated to open in the fall of 2020.
Learning Innovation Center opened in 2018, and the Avenues Shenzhen Kindergarten campus opened in 2019 for grades toddler - kindergarten. Our primary grades program in Shenzhen is anticipated to open in the fall of 2020.
Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
As an Admissions OpsSpecialist, you will:
- Deliver a superior experience to applying and enrolled families, by providing them with excellent, error-free service. Communicate with families as they progress through the application and enrollment process.
- Manage applicant information during the admissions process, keeping our admissions database accurate and updated at all times with new information from families.
- Provide high quality data and reporting and analysis. You'll make sure the data is clean and accurate, design and generate reports, conduct data analysis to support our enrollment management function, campus leadership team and admissions team. Collaborate with IT team and Registrar closely to ensure the consistency of data.
- Responsible for the management Xueji system and other admissions related system, keep good relationship with education bureau and related department in terms of Xueji. You are willing to learn and improve current/new system.
- Facilitate admissions decisions, by sending out admissions decision notifications, helping families complete the online enrollment process, and working with other departments to ensure a seamless transition from offer accepted to enrolled student.
- Create a welcoming and efficient office environment for colleagues by managing and coordinating visitors, staff, volunteers, phone calls and office environment. Ability to juggle multiple and immediate needs is indispensable.
- Liaise with the operations team regarding family/student onboarding and ensure excellent family experience.
- Partner with the accounting team on matters related to tuition invoicing and collections to ensure accurate and timely invoicing and collections.
Who Are We Looking For? You will bring all of most of the following:
- Technical skills with Excel, data and system management. You're very good at working with data in Excel, and know how to explain and tell a story from it, too. If you know Salesforce already, even better.
- Incredible detail orientation. You obsess over getting the details right, stay organized even as priorities change, and don't drop balls.
- Customer service attitude. You're fluent in Mandarin with strong English too, have great communication skills and a positive, problem-solving, can-do approach.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Hold high standards of integrity and professional conduct - Staying informed regarding enrollment regulations and supporting the team and families to remain compliant
- Rich experience in Xueji system is preferred. You’re experienced in the policies and operation of Xueji system, in order to deliver accurate information to parents and manipulate efficiently on system.
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/zh/careers/open-roles. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.