San Jose, California
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues plans to open its Silicon Valley campus in San Jose for the 2023 academic year, serving students from nursery through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility.
As a member of a dynamic and highly collaborative enrollment team, this role ensures that Avenues Silicon Valley opens on Day 1 fully enrolled with well-qualified, diverse, mission-aligned students and families.
What You'll Do
As Admissions Coordinator, you will:
- Deliver a superior experience to applying and enrolled families, by providing them with excellent, error-free service.
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships, by running the front office including welcoming and receiving calls in a warm and professional manner that reflects Avenues’ values.
- Support the Admissions team, by creating and continually refining systems to best handle administrative needs.
- Coordinate event scheduling and planning, proactively managing the Admissions team’s calendars and organizing parent meetings, student interviews, and events.
- Show a high standard of professional conduct, by maintaining a confidential and trustworthy attitude.
What You Bring
- Customer service attitude. You have great communication skills and a positive, problem-solving, can-do approach.
- Incredible detail orientation. You obsess over getting the details right, stay organized even as priorities change, and don't drop balls.
- Experience planning events. You are great at working with a team to organize logistics around events.
- A proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Keen intellectual curiosity, with a mindset of continuous learning and growth
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.