New York, New York
Lower Division (New York)
Administrative Coordinator, Lower Division
New York, New York
Who are we?
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues is seeking an administrative coordinator to join us on the New York campus. The Administrative coordinator provides key project management and support to ensure the Lower and Upper division is developing students to become world-wise leaders ready to solve global-scale problems. The administrative coordinator establishes and maintains positive working relationships with staff, parents and students, working collaboratively to solve problems and make decisions that enhance the effectiveness of the department. The Administrative coordinator communicates effectively, anticipating, understanding, and responding to the needs of all stakeholders.
The administrative coordinator responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and execute key division projects and events including:
- Yearly standardized testing
- Events including parent teacher conferences, back to school night, capstone projects,etc.
- On-boarding for new families and transfer students
- Design, execute and iterate on daily division projects including:
- Track, Input, and monitor student attendance
- Facilities Management and Work Orders
- Support ongoing safety protocols including weekly testing and test distribution
- Facilitate early dismissals and late arrivals
- Supply Ordering and Teacher Spending
- Ensure an excellent transportation program across the divisions
- Develops, communicates and oversees arrival and dismissal procedures
- Ensures all aspects of the schools transportation programs are efficient and safe.
- Act as a liaison between the Upper and Lower Divisions
- Plan and execute transitional events for both Lower Division and Upper Division.
- Ensure that all operations functions are efficient and seamless between the Lower and Upper Division
- Ensures the division office is a welcoming place.
- Functions as the point of contact for all inquiries into the office
- Greets visitors, ensures the division reception area aligns with Avenues values of welcome, safety and respect.
- Provide administrative support to the Lower and Upper Division Head
- All other duties as requested.
1+ years of experience and proven track record in executing high quality program operations, processes and systems. Experience in schools preferred.
- Tech-savvy, with experience implementing technology tools and systems to improve and simplify workflows and processes for the Avenues community.
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success; rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Very organized and a strong project manager
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion, and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
To learn more and apply, visit http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.