New York, New York
Director of Application & Data Services
Location: NY/Tri-state Area or Remote
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School is excited to announce the opportunity for a dynamic IT leader to contribute to the digital transformation of a growing, prestigious and enduring educational institution with global reach. The Director of Application & Data Services will be a key member of the IT leadership team and will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing and growing the information systems and data ecosystem that supports the organization today and into the future.
This is an incredible opportunity to work alongside campus-level and global IT leaders to design systems that meet the needs of a growing organization. Successful candidates will have delivered business value through cohesive systems architecture in multi-site organizations and will have worked in complex educational environments.
- You are known for being deeply and continuously collaborative
- You are adept at building and leading diverse and dispersed teams across time zones, balancing team priorities with individual support
- You are motivated by delivering value for the customer (end-user)
- You bring clarity to complexity, communicating effectively across mediums and to a variety of audiences
- You can prioritize short-term needs and long-term impact
- You productively and authentically build relationships across geographies, personalities and functions
- You are humble and curious about what you don’t yet know
- You are supremely organized and a consummate planner: breaking down complex projects into workstreams, deliverables and contingencies to help the work to get done efficiently
- You are good at building right sized systems and processes that enable vs. entangle
- You get satisfaction from (and are excellent at) enabling the work of colleagues and customers
- No matter the resources available, you hold yourselves and others to high standards, consistently delivering high quality results and doing whatever is required to get the job done
- Our mission energizes and inspires you
- Develop and maintain an application and data ecosystem strategy that supports the business goals
- Lead a team of IT professionals that work cross-functionally and collaboratively to deliver value to stakeholders across the organization
- Design a systems and data ecosystem that connects people, enables work, enhances value and accelerates growth.
- System selection, configuration, administration and integration
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and value mapping
- System integration & data interchange
- Data collection and presentation
- Custom development of integration, enhancements and applications as needed to deliver on ecosystem strategy
- Engage actively with key business partners to ensure ongoing alignment between systems & strategy
- Set priorities and manage daily/weekly activities of team to deliver value through applications and data services
- Contribute to IT leadership team and support broader IT strategy
What We Offer
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple campuses around the world
- The thrill of a start-up and a green field to build things from scratch, all within an organization with global resources and supports, and a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/). Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.