New York, New York
Business Analyst / Project Manager
Location: NY/Tri-state Area or Remote
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School is excited to announce the opportunity for a seasoned IT professional with Business Analyst & Project Management experience to support the digital transformation of a prestigious, enduring
This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with the leadership team of a high functioning, mission-driven organization in support of critical cross functional strategy and initiatives including --but not limited to--launching new campuses around the world. Successful candidates for the role will have experience managing and leading the planning of ambitious projects across functions and with a diverse set of stakeholders. They will also have excellent judgement and impeccable communication skills, giving them the ability to influence and partner effectively with senior leadership.
- You are known for being deeply and continuously collaborative
- You are motivated by delivering value for the customer (end-user)
- You are a team player who is able and willing to roll up your sleeves for the team’s success
- You bring clarity to complexity, communicating effectively across mediums and to a variety of audiences
- You listen well, synthesize information and communicate it clearly and concisely to others
- You are detail oriented and love breaking down complex problems into manageable steps
- You productively and authentically build relationships across geographies, personalities and functions
- You are humble and curious about what you don’t yet know
- You are an effective communicator (both written and verbal)
- You connect well with others, ask questions that drive insights and are seen as a highly-valued teammate
You see things through to completion - putting together project plans and ensuring they are executed
- No matter the resources available, you hold yourselves and others to high standards, consistently delivering high quality results and doing whatever is required to get the job done
- You are energized and inspired by our mission
- Work with business partners to assess opportunities to leverage technology by managing work intake, supporting discovery, engaging in requirements gathering and supporting project execution
- Managing the IT work intake process and creating visibility of incoming work to the organization
- Communicating regularly with business partners to ensure alignment between organizational strategy and IT strategy
- Develop detailed requirements that can be used for system configuration and/or development
- Develop project plans and provide project management support to complex or cross-functional project efforts
What We Offer
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple campuses around the world
- The thrill of a start-up and a green field to build things from scratch, all within an organization with global resources and supports, and a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/). Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.