- Página inicial
- Open Roles
- Senior Accountant
New York, New York
Finance & Accounting
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School is excited to announce the opportunity for a seasoned leader to support the global efforts of the Chief Operating Officer by serving as the human and operational glue that ensures complex projects across the organization (including but not limited to Technology, Marketing, Admissions, Creative) are realized and prioritized against Avenues latest commitments and strategy.
This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with the leadership team of a high functioning, mission-driven organization in support of critical cross functional strategy and initiatives including --but not limited to--launching new campuses around the world. Successful candidates for the role will have experience managing and leading the planning of ambitious projects across functions and with a diverse set of stakeholders. They will also have excellent judgement and impeccable communication skills, giving them the ability to influence and partner effectively with senior leadership.
- You are a excited with the prospect of challenging projects
- You are highly organized, meticulous and vigilant about getting the details right
- You have a solid grasp of accounting and finance processes and procedures
- You are known for being deeply and continuously collaborative
- Environments of ambiguity and change are your natural habitat: you get super excited by the prospect of rapid innovation and iteration--even when it blows up well made plans!
- No matter the resources available, you hold yourselves and others to high standards, consistently delivering high quality results and doing whatever is required to get the job done
- Our mission energizes and inspires you
- Prepare, review and post journal entries to the general ledger
- Manage the month-end close for the US region
- Support the Director of Accounting in revenue recognition, month-end close, balance sheet and GL account reconciliations and financial analysis
- Perform bank account reconciliations and execute banking transactions
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate and accelerate the financial reporting
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting policies and procedures, including best practice general ledger posting and maintenance
- Provide customer service to our clients, customers, and stakeholders through phone and email
- Manage Corporate Credit Card program
- Perform Monthly and Quarterly Sales Tax and Commercial Tax filings
- Perform key category and account variance and trend analysis monthly
- Perform monthly compliance reporting requirements
- Oversee 1 direct report
- Work on ad hoc projects and requests
4+ years of accounting related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Working knowledge and application of US GAAP
- Highly organized and results-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment with an ability to meet tight timelines; able to manage multiple priorities
- Highly self-motivated, detailed oriented, flexible team player that is able to operate independently
- Demonstrates ability to work cross-function to implement new processes and internal controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technology savvy with advanced Excel knowledge
- Prior working experience with Workday strongly preferred
What We Offer
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple campuses around the world
- The thrill of a start-up and a green field to build things from scratch, all within an organization with global resources and supports, and a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/). Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.