Position: Director of Extended Learning
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: August 2022
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiencesto students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and collaboration.
AVENUES GLOBAL EXTENSIONs
The Director of Extended Learning is part of the Global Extensions Department, which exists to develop and run an ecosystem of transformational learning experiences that connect campuses, accelerate learning, and differentiate the Avenues experience. These learning experiences span from toddler through twelfth grade and take place after school, on weekends, during summer, on campus, off campus, online, and at select global destinations. Common to all these programs is that students enroll by choice, seeking to excel in their unique interests and passions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Connectors, relationship-builders, and entrepreneurial thinkers will excel as the Director of Extended Learning. You will lead the Shenzhen Campus team in ensuring that families are delighted, programs are fully enrolled, and that students’ lives are transformed. Specifically, you will:
- Build strong relationships with families at all age levels so that they feel supported, listened to, and excited by our programs.
- Scope and guide complex projectssuch as the launch and operation of after school classes and summer camps as well as supporting enrollment for study abroad and global electives.
- Navigate the Chinese regulatory environment in the program design and communication with the Education Bureau.
- Collaborate with global and local colleagues to create signature learning experiences that apply across campuses and satisfy the goals and constraints of the campus where you are based.
- Develop partnerships with educational institutions in Shenzhen, and possibly beyond, so as to enrich the student and family experience.
- Switch between the modes of leading the team and directly working on projects to ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Shape and execute a strategyto make Avenues Global Extensions programs the most distinctive and desirable of any school.
YOUR EXPERIENCES INCLUDE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING
- Fostering relationships with families in an independent school environment and in both Chinese and English.
- Designing an experience, program, curriculum, or product, based on a deep understanding of what the audience values.
- Collaboration and triangulation with multiple members of a senior leadership team.
- Working with students in formal or informal educational environments.
- Applying analytical skills to evaluate options and make difficult decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Leading a team through the inspiration of a new idea to the execution of the details.
AVENUES PROJECTS TO CHECK OUT
Please be sure to read about Avenues: The World School and consider whether we are a good fit for you:www.avenues.org.Apply through the Careers section athttps://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.