San Jose, California
Position: Production Lead
Location: San Jose, CA
Start: March 2022
Avenues | The World Schoolis one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
About Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues plans to open its Silicon Valley campusin San Jose for the 2023 academic year, serving students from nursery through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility.
About the Opportunity
If you are a mission driven, globally minded creative who thrives in fast paced, collaborative start up environments this is a fantastic opportunity to leverage your creative and technical skills in service of a bold and compelling mission and to work with incredibly talented team members around the world.
The Production Lead role is incredibly dynamic, requiring the right highly flexible and creative individual to alternate between being a cameraperson, an editor and a producer to deliver content across a variety of mediums (including video, digital photography and even animation) for applications as varied as marketing campaigns, internal communications and virtual or in-person events. Reporting to the Director of Content and Events locally and collaborating globally with creative peers and leadership, the production lead works with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and peers in service of whatever content needs might be at hand.
- Your toolkit is incredibly diverse and you’re always eagerly adding to it with the latest tools and technology, with proficiency in:
- Adobe Suite (including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop)
- Latest camera, lensing and peripheral equipment
- DSLR and prosumer camera operations and techniques
- Simple lighting techniques for interviews, verite and greenscreen production
- You are a problem solver who iscompletelycomfortable in ambiguous situations where no predetermined paths or instructions exists and new solutions need to be generated
- You thrive on change, adjusting to priorities and conditions in real time
- You are highly detail oriented: whether a visual detail or a deadline you do not let any important detail slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- You’re equally at ease engaging with students, parents and colleagues and can help them feel comfortable with you and in front of the camera
- You are willing and able to travel, including internationally (when safe)
Key Role Responsibilities
- Oversee and execute video and photography production and post-production from development through approval for the Silicon Valley Campus (including integrating simple graphic animation and design elements for video into final outputs)
- Maintain and manage production equipment, recommending new equipment for purchase when required
- Support event production and coordination with multi-media expertise
- Identify and work with outside vendors and freelancers when necessary
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
Diversity, Inclusion and Safeguarding
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.