- Página inicial
- Open Roles
- AON Dean (Grades 6-9)
AON Dean (Grades 6-9)
Online (any location)
Position: AON Dean (Grades 6-9)
Location: Flexible (British or China Standard Time)
Start Date: ASAP
Avenues | The World Schoolis one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
About Avenues AON
Avenues Online takes advantage of best-in-class technology to create a singular, international community of scholars. Students interact daily with peers in over 25 countries, including France, Kenya, Korea, Mexico, Uruguay, Spain, South Africa, and the United States. This nurtures a global mindset where students learn to exercise empathy and collaborate across languages and cultures. Students learn to use mental agility when facing ambiguity and how to apply creativity when working with abstractions. They develop metacognitive awareness that empowers them to absorb new information and skills long after graduation.
About the Opportunity
The Dean role for Avenues Online is a unique opportunity to creatively support students engaging in a truly innovative learning experience that reimagines synchronous learning across a global set of peers with unique life experiences in places around the world. Like anyone joining the AON team, the Deans in this program must be entrepreneurs. No playbook exists for how to support each unique combination of needs and experiences a given student and their family may have, so AON Deans have the freedom, and the responsibility, to creatively pursue a variety of solutions to fully optimize student learning and family experience.
- You really “get” and enjoy adolescents and are familiar with the unique opportunities and challenges this stage of development can present
- You have a track record of (and toolkit for) creatively supporting struggling learners, learning whatever you need to address the individual needs of a given student
- Building things from scratch is motivating and exciting for you; finding solutions in uncharted territory is exciting for you
- You are a fantastic listener, asking thoughtful and probing questions to create deeper understanding
- Having difficult conversations is something you lean into and are skilled at
- You are known for being someone who authentically builds relationships and community with a wide variety of adults and students
- You are a creative thinker about how to optimize deep authentic learning for students no matter the context--whether virtual, in class or via independent study
- Identify and analyze the nature of challenges students might be experiencing--whether learning or well being or a combination of both and whether the challenges present during or outside of synchronous class time
- Create original support plans (including finding and securing necessary resources/tools) for every student in your portfolio to ensure their learning and well being is fully optimized
- Enable parents to support the individual needs of their student by providing consultative and creative solutions tailored to their AON experience and needs
- Ensure AON families and students feel fully supported, deeply understood, and highly engaged with the AON program and team
- Partner with your peer Deans and teachers to invent, innovate and evolve the support we provide for Avenues Online students and to contribute to the development of program and curriculum development
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.