New York, New York
Positions: 2022 Cross Country Coach
- MS Cross Country Assistant Coach
- Varsity Cross Country Assistant Coach
Please note that this is a part time contractor position, compensated at a range of $2,200-$3,000 based on previous experience.
Location:New York, NY
Why Coach at Avenues?
A part of Avenues: The World School, the Avenues Athletics Department is a group of committed coaches who develop, plan and implement our growing sports curriculum. We pride ourselves in creating programs within each sport discipline, where Middle and Upper School coaches work closely together to ensure we cover the necessary skills and fulfill the needs of our student athletes.
What You’ll Do
The role of an Avenues coach is to instruct our student-athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must provide a foundation for integrity, pride of accomplishment, sportsmanship, self-discipline, goal setting, teamwork and self-confidence.
Head Coaches will (but not limited to):
- Breakdown and teach the fundamental skills for players at all levels
- Attend all scheduled meets and practices
- Manage and coordinate practice and meet plans
- Be responsible for handling all administrative duties related to their team
- Attend all necessary athletic and school meetings and events
What You’ll Bring
Coaches bring all or most of the following:
Head coaches have 3+ years of track coaching experience
- Must expertise in sprinting and short distance events
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with student athletes, parents, faculty/staff and the athletics department
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, or ability to get training before the season commences
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport, with special consideration given to those having experience with the desired age category
- Enthusiasm, commitment, patience, and a passion for teaching the game are essential to this position
- Ability to motivate and provide positive leadership to our student athletes by following our school and athletic mission
- High-level competitive playing experience (preferred)
Available positions: Please only apply for available positions.
To apply please provide a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience. Indicate the specific coaching position you are applying for. Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website. Please note you must be eligible to work in the USA to apply. (
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.