People and Culture
Position: People and Culture Intern
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
WHY Work AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a truly global education, opened in Shenzhen in August 2019 and will expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
We are seeking an Intern to assist our People & Culture Department in the day to day operation as well as in people related projects. The successful candidate will be an excellent team player as well as having the ability to work independently applying his/her own initiative.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support to design and execute culture building and employee engagement activities
- Coordinate employees relocation process
- Support expat employees’ immigration process
- Support other new expatriate employee's onboarding activities, e.g. pickup, bank account registration
- Collect and organize employees’ personnel file
- Support for setting up a google site for employees to post their sharings
- Organize talent pool and recruiting data, data analysis skill will be a plus
- Organize recruiting channel and support on channel analysis
- Support on School Talent marketing investigation
- Organize JD and recruiting training material
- Candidate communication and interview arrangement
- Other P&C related work as needed
WHAT YOU BRING
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Efficient PC operation skills of MS-Office in Excel, PPT, Word etc.
- Good common sense approach; clear and logical thinking; careful and patient character
- Good proficiency in both written and oral English
- Self-motivated and accountable for assigned tasks
- Dealing with challenges
- 5 days a week will be preferable
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.