DIRECTOR of EXTENDED LEARNING
There is no school quite like Avenues: The World School. We are a network of campuses around the world that offers a truly global education
in New York City, Online, São Paulo, Silicon Valley, and Shenzhen, expanding to the world’s leading cities in the coming years. With these interconnected campuses, Avenues is uniquely positioned to develop world-wise leaders equipped to face and solve complex global challenges.
The Director of Extended Learning is a key member of the newly formed Global Extensions team. The vision of this team is to create a portfolio of strategically aligned opportunities that complement the core academic program and enable students to grow and excel from toddler through twelfth grade. Imagine, for instance, a primary school student who starts with making edible play-doh after school, who takes a food science elective in eighth grade, and who ends up working on alternative protein sources on a trip to Madagascar in high school. In this role you will lead the Shenzhen team to promote, implement, and manage this unique set of learning experiences through on-campus, online, and international opportunities. This is a role for a leader who likes to wear many hats, including, but not limited to leadership, enrollment, and family satisfaction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Grow and lead a healthy team with diverse partners, contractors, and colleagues
- Responsibly manage financial resources to advance strategic aims
- Apply a nuanced understanding of the value proposition to gain enrollment
- Make educational and operational decisions that optimize the family experience whether on-campus, online, or abroad
- Build and implement organizational and operational systems that smoothly and efficiently achieve their intended purpose
- Nurture strong relationships with families
- Support the creation of transformational learning experiences across after school, summer, electives, and study abroad
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
This is a role for someone who wants to combine their entrepreneurial business savvy with their passion for education. You will bring all or most of the following:
- Experience leading a team to set the right goals and accomplish ambitious results
- Successful financial management for the greatest impact to the organization
- A strong toolkit for driving program enrollment
- An eye to the details of how to make big ideas a reality
- Solid judgment in the face of ambiguity and competing priorities
- Skills in instructional design, program design, and coaching teachers to promote student engagement and learning are a plus
- Native-level Mandarin and professional English proficiency
- The desire to contribute to uniquely equipping world-wise future leaders to understand and solve global-scale problems
Please be sure to read about Avenues: The World School and consider whether we are a good fit for you: www.avenues.org.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role would be an excellent match for your experience, skills, and goals.
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply.