Online (any location)
Associate Director of Admissions
Location: Anywhere (Fully remote)
Start: Summer/Fall 2021
Avenues | The World Schoolis on a mission to change the world through education. Founded in 2010 with the vision of becoming one school with many campuses, Avenues now has physical campuses in New York, São Paulo, Shenzhen, and a virtual campus, Avenues Online. Together, these campuses form one transformative, interconnected learning community preparing students to become engaged global citizens and worldwise leaders.
Avenues Onlineprovides a world-class education, online. AON offers a singular and international community of scholars from over 25 countries, a purpose-built learning platform using best-in-class technology, flexible scheduling, and access to the Avenues global ecosystem. In Great Works, the core curriculum for toddlers to 12th grade, students collaborate on interdisciplinary projects in humanities, social sciences, and STEAM fields to make purposeful connections to past, present, and future global issues. As at every Avenues campus, students are challenged to take ownership of their learning from a young age and to develop the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems.
Avenues Online is positioned to scale significantly in the next few years. This growth will offer an exceptional, world-focused education to hundreds more students and families, while cementing AON's reputation as an extraordinarily desirable and globally relevant education. To drive this growth, Avenues Online is building a trailblazing global admissions team, which will partner tightly with our admissions teams in the U.S., Brazil and China and leverage resources from across Avenues in support of AON enrollment.
As the Associate Director of Admissions, you will make an essential impact on AON's growth by identifying, engaging and ultimately enrolling mission-aligned students and families.
What You'll Do
- Powerfully engage prospective students and families, creating opportunities for them to get to know and trust Avenues
- Help shape and execute a global strategy to find and attract mission-aligned families, and to ultimately meet or exceed enrollment goals
- Help mission aligned families deepen their Avenues knowledge, and influence them to feel connected, view us as the right choice and apply
- Identify “right-fit” students through our intentionally designed admissions process
- Ensure every family feels cared for and respected, regardless of admissions outcome
- Plan and execute high-quality events, online and in-person, to highlight AON's unique value
- Collaborate with local and global colleagues to drive interest and demand
- Build relationshipswith networks, partner organizations, and other potential sources of mission-aligned students and families
What You Bring
4+ years of relevant professional experience in external-facing, people- and goal-oriented roles such as sales, admissions, and/or development.
- Passion for technology and innovation as enablers of world-class education
- Exceptional relational skills to build deep rapport with families and students
- A near-fanatical commitment to delivering the best possible student and family experience
- A hands-on, adaptive, entrepreneurial approach, eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle novel challenges
- A record of achieving and exceeding ambitious goals, especially through growth and change
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
- Compelling communication skills in small and large group settings, online, and in writing
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.