Secondary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Operations Manager, Secondary Division, Upper Grades 10-12
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2018, our first campus in China. Avenues Shenzhen provides a unique early childhood program, and is now expanding to serve students in all grades from grades from toddler through 12. Avenues Shenzhen furthers Avenues' longstanding commitment to developing multiple campuses in China, providing a transformative, world-focused education.
The Upper Grades are where our ambitious goals for Avenues graduates, defined in our mission statement, are most comprehensively realized. While in grades 10-12, we prepare students for a globally connected, innovation-driven, and largely unknown future. Our students will be: accomplished in all the academic skills you would expect, at ease beyond their borders, and confident because they excel in a particular passion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Operations Manager ensures that all operational aspects of the Secondary Division function at a very high level, smoothly and efficiently, for students and teachers to do their best work. Operations Managers nurture an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high-quality service and continually improving the experience of teachers and families. You work closely with the campus wide staff (nursing, security, facilities) to ensure all services in the Secondary Division are of the highest quality while building and continuously refining flawless systems that enable faculty and leadership to focus on teaching and learning. You will also:
- Ensure the division is fully operational at the beginning of the school year and that all needs are met throughout the school year
- Build strong relationships with the campus wide services team to ensure that all functions that liaise with the division (nursing, food service, facilities, transportation) result in high levels of stakeholder satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Upper Grades Leadership team to ensure all systems and events are executed at the highest caliber, allowing the academic leaders to focus their attention on high quality
- Maintain regular communication with parents regarding events, student activities and logistics
- Support the Director of Student Wellbeing to develop external partnerships
WHAT YOU BRING
- Track record of creating and managing effective systems and procedures
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, especially in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- Ability to roll up sleeves to get the job done and get the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing students’ wellbeing
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in related field is ideal
- Native Chinese speaker with professional fluency in English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses, including a well-defined career pathway
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.