San Jose, California
San Jose, CA
is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
About Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues plans to open its Silicon Valley campus in San Jose for the 2023 academic year, serving students from nursery through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility.
About the Opportunity
This is a chance to join our small but mighty Silicon Valley Campus startup team who will set the tone, culture, and direction for the newest Avenues campus. The Director of Content and Events will influence the local experience of the Avenues brand which plays a key role in helping to bring families, students and teachers to the Avenues Silicon Valley campus. The unique scope of this role provides the opportunity to tell stories in various mediums and develop meaningful interactions in both physical and virtual form; all with the ability to quickly and directly see the impact of your team’s efforts. Beyond Silicon Valley, the Director of Content and Events partners with the global Creative team and will be a collaborative peer to other Directors of Content & Events from the New York, São Paulo and Shenzhen campuses.
- You are a creative storyteller who knows your audiences
- You are an entrepreneur: you like to do things that have never been done before and you are scrappy about what’s possible no matter the resources available.
- You are highly strategic while also being a tactical producer: you can create a vision and execute on it in a proactive, hands on way
- You are a creative with strong design sensibilities and can confidently lead multiple teams to bring brand and stories to life.
- You can juggle multiple, shifting priorities and deliver on challenging deadlines
- You are able to measure the success of your work against set goals and adjust team goals as needed.
- The excitement and adrenaline of event planning is motivating to you. You are never more proud than when you’ve created a well-crafted, immersive experience for others to enjoy
- You love collaborating closely with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues: yes the old cliche applies you are a people person!
- You reflect and embody a unique perspective, identity and/or set of experiences and appreciate the same in others, working effectively across lines of difference
- Our mission energizes and inspires you
- In collaboration with Admissions, design and produce events and experiences (virtual and in person, small and large) for prospective Avenues families in support of Admissions goals
- In collaboration with the head of school, design and execute high priority public and internal on campus events in service of key objectives
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing,ensure online and offline marketing efforts are aligned with campus design and event production
- Capture compelling stories and experiences on campus for repurposing across mediums and channels externally, working closely with communications on messaging
- Develop and maintain campus social media presence regionally
- Develop and maintain design resources for staff and faculty to access and leverage
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of 2-3 professionals to execute across priorities
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.