Position: Operations Manager, Transportation
Location: Shenzhen, China
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Operation Manager, Transportation, coordinates transportation programs and services within the kindergarten and school(G1-G12) achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining transportation services in compliance with Avenues values and standards; assisting the Operations Director in the management of the daily operations of the school transportation to ensure safe and efficient transportation of students and staff between home and school on a regular schedule, and between other destinations as needed basis.
This job reports to the Director of Operations.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations for the purpose of implementing and maintaining school bus, staff shuttle bus, and other related transportation services and programs.
- Designs/evaluates routes in accordance with government regulations and students addresses (e.g. bus stops, schedules, etc.) for the purpose of determining bus routes, bus stops and bus policies, etc.
- Ensures compliance with the codes and pertinent polices regarding licensing, registration, operational permits.
- Coordinates student transportation activities with Operation managers, extension managers, and other interested groups or individuals for the purpose of ensuring that logistics needs are met.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and training sessions for bus drivers and bus teachers, etc. for the purpose of compliance, identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting school management and staff.
- Conducts performance assessment of transportation / bus companies, bus drivers and bus teachers.
- Communicates with drivers, bus teachers, operation managers, operation director, parents and others (e.g. reviewing route maps, responding to inquiries, etc.) for the purpose of assisting with route related problems.
- Conducts review and assessment regarding parents’ and school management’s transportation concerns related to students pick up locations and routing and recommend solutions.
- Collects, compiles, and maintain data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. complaints reviews and reports, school bus transportation oriented reports, transportation budget/expenditures, etc.) for timely submission and to assist analyzing issues and ensuring compliance with Avenues policies and procedures on a monthly or as needed basis.
- Assists in development of the transportation budget and monitors budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities as assigned by Director of Operations
- Prepares a wide variety of transportation / bus related materials (e.g. maps, transportation budget input, route report, accident report, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and maintaining transportation records for government inspections.
- Supports ELC Operation Manager on operation related responsibilities and performs related duties as assigned by operations management in accordance with Avenues policies and practices.
. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.