San Jose, California
Upper Division (Silicon Valley)
Interdisciplinary Project Teacher (San Jose, CA)
- Co-design, co-teach, and co-assess interdisciplinary projects that integrate coursework in English, History, Science, and Art & Design for students in grades 6-9.
- Curate texts that complement projects and provide frameworks for engaging critically with global topics, local issues and year-long themes.
- Design and deliver projects, lessons and activities outside of comfort zone and content area.
- Help form community partnerships and develop authentic, real-world applications for student work and engagement.
- Facilitate student-centered discussion in which students share ideas and present solutions.
- Prepare, administer and grade assignments and examinations.
- Introduce students to project, problem, and discussion-based experiential learning and focus on developing skills and habits of mind.
- Design student activities to connect them with organizations throughout the Bay Area with a focus on Sustainability, Community, Identity, and Diversity.
- Collaborate with colleagues during weekly meetings to promote curriculum development and to support campus events.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Education, Bilingual Education, International Education Policy or a closely related technical field, plus one academic year of experience teaching interdisciplinary project-based instruction in an immersion setting required.
How to apply:
Please apply by email to Avenues Silicon Valley School at email@example.com with "Interdisciplinary Project Teacher" in the subject line.