New York, New York
Positions: 2022-2023 Volleyball and Basketball Game Day Operator
Location:New York, NY
Why work at Avenues?
A part of Avenues: The World School, the Avenues Athletics Department is a group of committed coaches who develop, plan and implement our growing sports curriculum. We pride ourselves in creating programs within each sport discipline, where Middle and Upper School coaches work closely together to ensure we cover the necessary skills and fulfill the needs of our student athletes. In order for coaches to focus on providing instruction to athletes, having a supportive staff is essential to their success. A Game Day Operator provides that support in ensuring all operations for game day are set up and run smoothly.
What You’ll Do
The role of a Game Day Operator comes with responsibilities in setting up for, and managing all game day events for the Avenues Athletics program.
Position dates: September 1st, 2022 through February 17th, 2021, Hourly Wage: $18-20 an hour
Roles and Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Set up of all home volleyball and basketball games (in the Avenues gym) including team chairs, scoreboard, spectators areas, music, necessary signs and roped off areas
- Greeting opponents to gym or bringing to team room
- Sitting at score table to maintain the score book and/or game clock/score
- Ensuring there is sufficient coverage/support at home games
- Posting upcoming games on Instagram
- Posting results and scores on Instagram
- Collecting scores and providing that information to leagues and school database
- Working in partnership with Equipment manager
- When required, supervising study hall (when there is not a game to be covered)
What You’ll Bring
Operator will bring all or most of the following:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well with student athletes, parents, faculty/staff and the athletics department
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of basketball and volleyball, with special consideration given to those having experience with the desired age category
- Enthusiasm, commitment, patience, and a passion for teaching the game are essential to this position
Ability to work during required hours anywhere between 3:30pm - 7:30pm
- Please provide a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience.
- Please note you must live in New York and eligible to work in the United States
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.